Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I'm linking up over at Amy's Creative Side for Blogger Quilt Festival. There are some really stellar quilters out there! I mean, whoa damn. You guys have skills! Let me share with you my journey getting there.

Well Crap Front

This quilt was an adventure. I found this great bundle of fabric and fell in love with a layout. I added in a few more, bought some solids and away I sewed!

Colorful!

It all started out well and good. A few corners weren't matching up as well as I had planned. I knew this would live on my bed so I wasn't all that concerned.

Well crap

Then this happened. WTF!?! How in the world do you get so off track that you mess up this many rows?! I had 2 options. 1 - unpick the many wrong pieces and try again, or 2 - say well crap and fix what I thought was right in the first place. Path of least resistance you say? I'm sold!

The back didn't go so well either. (Why would it?)

Well Crap Back

There are puckers galore. I got in the zone of doing some quilting (while my little guide thing went all over the place) and didn't bother to look at the back.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BACKS!

I can giggle at it now, but at the time many a bad words were said.

Well crap up close

I love it though. Is it the best, most perfect thing ever? Nope. Does it make me proud to say I pulled through and didn't set it a fire in a fit or rage quit? You betcha.

Well crap finished

Plus, it makes the Hubs, aka quilt holder, look like the Chancellor from Star Wars.

Silly husband





Amy'sCreativeSide

14 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I never, never check the back of my quilts when I'm working and you can really tell. But I am usually too lazy to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! This quilt looks amazing! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man I can totally feel your pain about the puckering on the back. That actually happened to me on one of my quilts (citrus sails) and I spent the better part of a day unpicking it all because it annoyed me so much. Oh well, lesson learned - the hard way! =)

    But I love how your quilt turned out and I am sure it is super comfy to sit under and read a book or watch tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahah! Brilliant! I loved reading this post and the quilt is really great :) I actually prefer the 'wrong' pattern!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I think its absolutely beautiful! The fabrics and pattern just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt Camille! (The story was fun too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt! It looks great. I enjoyed your funny story and your tag line about the f-bombs! LOL. I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from Hungary. I really like your quilt. Beautiful colors, and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fun. I made a mini version of the quilt and since I had to rip out a bunch I sympathize with you. Strong color choices really pop the pattern - Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that pattern and your color choices are perfect for it. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE it!!! I love the colors and the quilting and the design! Sorry it was such a challenge getting there, but I really like how it turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete