Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A quilt for me

Finished!

This was my first attempt at half square triangles. I can see the appeal now. The possibilities are great. I got the idea for this from different flickr posts. The colors I got from a pattern called paradigm shift. Inthe pattern it had green squares in the middle of each block. To me, the middle blocks were way too distracting.

A bunch of the corners don't match up. I learned to square up my blocks for sure. I wasn't too worried about it because I knew when I made this that I wasn't going to be given I away. The fabrics are from god knows where. Pretty much if I saw it and liked it I bought it. I got almost the whole top done and realized it wasn't big enough and was out of white fabric. In an attempt to get it done right now right now I ran out and got some white prints from the wal marts. Gasp! Not wal mart fabric! Nooooo! The binding fabric is from there too. Don't turn me into the fabric police.

Finished!!

This is the back of it. It's a sheet I found at goodwill. It looks like little gray whirligigs. After I took this picture I realize I missed a line while quilting. Screw it. I'm the only one in this house that would notice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment